Where I will share the good, the bad, and the ugly about Motherhood & Stepmotherhood.
My Truths for Today!
- I read this today and could definitely relate: “It’s hard sometimes to connect with my stepkids when they don’t have that natural connection to you…..I hate it and feel bad.”-Second Wives Club This is something that is a big issue for me because I don’t want them to feel like they have to compete for my attention, affection, and love just because they are not “legally or maternally” mine…even that sounds weird and that is what makes being a stepmom so hard. Because you don’t want to separate them out or make them feel different but you can’t stop it from happening because it is the reality/truth. I fear that as they get older it will only get harder but I try to focus on the here and now-what can I do now to show them and make sure they know I love and care for them as if they were my own.
- An upside to Stepmotherhood you do get a break-with your kids you’re stuck with them ALL the time…no breaks unless Grandmas insists. 😉
- I have been so focused on the kids lately I forgot to take care of my Hubby….sorry Hubby I will remember you have needs too.
- I really need a weekly calendar on my desk. I am trying to plan t0o far out and I need to just focus on one week at a time.
- Twice this week, I just didn’t feel like reading at night to the kids a combination of I was too tired and this weird lingering headache I have had but I did it anyways purely because I LOVE THEM and I could not just say no to them. Has love ever just made you do something and afterwards you realized it made you feel so much better. 🙂
These are my truths for the week! Let me know if you have any in the comments below and we can laugh, smile, frown, or nod our heads (I do that alot while on the internet, Lol) about it together! Please, if you have any advice, I’d love to hear it!
Have a great Thursday!