Wishing you and your family a frightfully fun Halloween! I will be back tomorrow with pictures to share! 🙂
This picture deserves a little credit!
I DO NOT THANK THIS MAN ENOUGH FOR ALL HE DOES!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING A HANDS ON DAD! 🙂
I LOVE YOU!
Messiest Room Ever
Blue in the Face
Let’s just be honest here I have two Disney CD’s in my family car right now. My Hubby hates them but the kids and I LOVE them! They do take me back to my childhood and give me this kid like nostalgia. Disney music is so inspiring whether its a song from Mulan inspiring girls to be strong, or a song from Aladdin inspiring you to explore a new world, or one from Pocahontas pushing you to explore nature differently. This set is really one most of the family will come to cherish.
The Disney Classics Box Set is a 4-disc collection includes 94 original recordings from Disney movies, theme parks, and television shows both modern and timeless. Discs include:
- Disney Modern Classics
- Disney Theme Park Classics
- Disney Timeless Classics
- Disney Television Classics
WHERE TO BUY:
Pre-order the Disney Classics Box Set today at Amazon.com. The official release date is November 12. After this date, the set will be available for purchase wherever music is sold and at Disney parks.
ENTER TO WIN ONE HERE:
The Simple Moms Blog Ends 10/30/13
Mom Always Finds Out Ends 11/4/13
This is a sponsored post from One2One Network and Walt Disney Records. All Opinions are my own.
This tutu took me a couple of days to make because I could not get 3-4 hours without an interruption in my house but it could easily be done in a few hours.
What you will need and what it should cost (my size was girls medium).
- Tulle I used 3 yards of each color. Total yards was 12 yards. (Plus plenty left over for a headband) Walmart $0.97-$1.99/JoAnns/Hobby Lobby (These stores often have 50% off one item if you can get your hands on one and a cut of fabric will count but otherwise regular price is $1.99 colored and $5.99 Glitter)
- 2 Headbands with holes $2 Dollar Store (If you would like the matching tulle headband grab another one.)
- Sharp Sewing Scissors $6
- If you’re making one for a toddler just use one headband and if you’re making one for an older girl you will have to use two. I cut them and then use some black tulle to lace and tie them together-according to the child’s size of course.
- Next you will have to cut your tulle into strips. I experimented and trust me if you’re like me then you’re thinking I will just folded it over and cut like paper-simple right! WRONG! Tulle is a hard fabric to work with and is really hard to cut. Only work with one-two folds at a time or it will get difficult to cut. Keep cutting until you have strips the size and width you want. You can see what I decided upon above in the third picture.
- Next you have to get a color pattern going for consistency you can see mine in the third picture.
- Next you take your headband and began tying the strips onto the headband. In the tying process I also used a pattern as you can see in the last picture I skipped one hole. Depending on the length you want you can pull the tulle half way threw and then tie in the middle or just tie the tulle from one end onto the headband.
- Last you may need to trim some of the pieces-or it could just be me and my perfection habits.
To make the headband just cut about five inch strips and layer the colors on top of each other. I used three sets of the layered tulle. Then just weave them through the headband twice and fan them out a little. Last I used the clips to add the Lalaloopsy character.
****Hint****: When working with glitter tulle know that it will stretch out so you will need to trim it after the tutu is done and cut it a little wider.
Bath time in our house so far has always been enjoyable, but I do like to change it up and give the girls new things to play with in the bath. Here are some ideas for changing up bath time:
- Glowing Bath with Glow Sticks-Cheap from the Dollar Store
- Painting in the Bath with Kool Aid Paint-Just sprinkle in a little cup add a tiny amount of water and a brush.
- Colored Bubble Bath-Make your own recipe below or buy some.
- Baking in the Bath- Add measuring cups, spoons, and muffin tin from the Dollar Store.
- Mixing colors in the Bath-Make colored water in different cups and buy them some water droppers and let them mix away.
- Add different toys into the bath-take dolls a bath, play with legos in the bath, and toy cars.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light karo syrup
- 4 tablespoons dishwashing liquid
- Food Coloring
Colored Bubble Bath Recipe:
- 2 cups bubble bath
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- Add a few drops of color
- I separated into 3 containers then added colors so we could have a few colors.
Bubble Wand DIYS:
- Pipe cleaners
- Cookie cutters
Here are some things I found at my local dollar store.
I don’t know about your little ones but mine love to dump out all the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash so those little bottles will keep them away from mine! 🙂
Hope you enjoy all the fun and laughter!
Where I will share my truths as a Mother & Stepmother.
My Truths for Today!
- I didn’t do a post for Thursday last week because we were on Fall Break and out of town-Sorry.
- I want the (step)kids to enjoy their time with Mom but I really hate the first day they get back-its a weird time they are kind of like testing me to see if I still love them. I really have to let them know all is the same-I still love and care about them and no hard feelings-I am glad they got to visit and have fun with Mom and I am glad they are home now.
- I have a really bad habit to FREAK OUT during uncertain times/routine switch ups that are unplanned-My sister witnessed this the day we were coming back home. Its a horrible habit I hope I DO NOT pass onto the kids.
- I am so happy we are home and back in our routine-we all missed it very much.
These are my truths for the week! Let me know if you have any in the comments below and we can laugh, smile, frown, or nod our heads (I do that a lot while on the internet.) together!
Any advice on transitions during visitation times would be greatly appreciated. 🙂
Have a great Thursday!
Hope you all enjoy! Happy Hump Day!
Blue in the Face
Some tips I wanted to share with you all that I will be trying and using to make my life easier!
- Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.
- Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!
- Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
- For a cool brownie treat, make brownies as directed. Melt Andes mints in double broiler and pour over warm brownies. Let set for a wonderful minty frosting.
- Easy Deviled Eggs-Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash till they are all broken up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing thoroughly, cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg. Just throw bag away when done easy clean up.
- Expanding Frosting-When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size. You get to frost more cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar and calories per serving.
- Reheating refrigerated bread-To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster.
- Measuring Cups-Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill with hot water. Dump out the hot water, but don’t dry cup. Next, add your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it comes right out. (Or spray the measuring cup or spoon with Pam before using)
- Newspaper weeds away-Start putting in your plants, work the nutrients in your soil. Wet newspapers, put layers around the plants overlapping as you go. Cover with mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic they will not get through wet newspaper.
- Squirrel Away!-To keep squirrels from eating your plants, sprinkle your plants with cayenne pepper. The cayenne pepper doesn’t hurt the plant and the squirrels won’t come near it.
- No More Mosquitoes-Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.
- Foggy Windshield?-Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car When the windows fog, rub with the eraser! Works better than a cloth!
- Re-opening envelopes-If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include something inside, just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two. Viola! It unseals easily.
- Goodbye Fruit Flies-To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass, fill it 1/2′ with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dish washing liquid; mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!
- Get Rid of Ants-Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it ‘home,’ can’t digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works and you don’t have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!
Find more of these great tips here at Mommy needs a Vacation this post here.
Find more of my tips below:
I am so happy to bringing you all a great giveaway which would be a nice addition under your tree!
Co Hosted By: Sweet Southern Lovin & Tales From A Southern Mom
Sponsored By: Vtech
Vtech has been around for other 30 years developing high quality and educational toys for kids. Their award winning products, which include the Switch & Go Dino’s, Innotab 2, Innotab 2S and Innotab 3, have helped them to become the world leader of age appropriate electronics.
SkySlicer the Allosaurus is from the line of Switch & Go Dino’s. He is perfect for ages 3 to 8 years old and is a transforming toys that transforms from a dinosaur to a vehicle. He has a LCD screen which shows customizable eyes and pilot animations. He also has buttons that when pressed tells you cool dinosaur facts and realistic sound effects. You can check out Simply Southern Couponers full review here.
Promoting Bloggers – enter a few words here for SEO purposes!
October 18th – October 29th
Open to U.S. residents only, must be 18+ to participate.
Prize: One lucky winner will receive a Vtech SkySlicer the Allosaurus (RV $15.99)
To enter complete the Entry form below.
A special thanks to our sponsor and a great group of blogger friends for helping us with this event. Stop by and follow them on their social media pages.
Good Luck and thanks for entering!!!
Disclosure: This blog did not receive compensation for promoting this event and is not responsible for prize fulfillment. This giveaway is no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google or any other social network. The sponsor (Vtech) is responsible for prize fulfillment. Please contact Jennifer email@example.com if you have any questions.