Preparing healthy snacks is the best way to ensure that your children will eat healthy snacks!
In our house you have a fruit or veggie then you can have a junky snack. These containers (below-were a steal with coupons) are perfect for easy snacking!
- I spray and wash the fruits and veggies.
- Then I rinse and dry them.
- Lastly I slice and store them!
The small circles and squares are for individual servings and the bigger ones I use to fill out the lunch time plates.
I also freeze berries when they are on sale because it is so much cheaper than buying frozen!
- Spray and wash the berries.
- Rinse and gently pat them dry or let air dry.
- Place them on a baking sheet/pan and place the baking sheet/pan into the freezer to freeze berries.
- Then remove them and place them into a baggy for storing in the freezer.
It ‘s a real time saver for after school and keeps them from making excuses for eating a fruits or veggies.
Some ideas for Fruits:
- Apples/Pears (Sliced and held back together with a rubber band)
Some ideas for Veggies:
- Celery sticks
- Mixed Salad
Junky snacks in our house:
- Cheese stick
- Cheddar bunnies or fish
- Yogurt (also frozen yogurt sticks)
- Granola Bar
- Fruit snacks
- Fridays they get chips! They LOVE hot cheetos, Churritos, and Hot Fries! Thanks to Daddy 🙂
If you have any snack suggestions please share!
Happy, Healthy Snacking! 🙂