Where I will share my truths as a Mother & Stepmother.
My Truths for Today, last week, & a couple of questions!
- I am sorry for not posting last week it was a very busy week! I feel I need to be honest and real in order to actually make this blog a source mother’s and stepmother’s can trust and rely on, therefore with every post I will take my time to write what I truly believe and how I feel.
- Surprisingly my post on A Stepmother’s Bill of Rights had no comments on the blog, it is a very touchy subject to get into and I was prepared for heavy opinions.
- I read an article on Tiger Moms, (I actually won a gift card for my comment, you have to enter to win) and it had me thinking what really defines a Tiger Mom? Our children all have one activity outside of school. I feel that is reasonable to keep them active and an outlet to explore and succeed in other than school. It is their choice what they choose to participate in. Dad and I will support and cheer for them all the way. The hard choice of wanting to give one activity up for another happened last week. We felt two activities were just too much at their young ages. Eventually they will be allowed to take on as much as they want, but for now they should just enjoy childhood.
- Do your kids naturally do well in school? I know school is not easy for some kids, I have seen it between my siblings and I and now between our children. It’s hard to reward one and then have to help the other work harder to keep up. It really almost seems not fair and I feel it could hurt their confidence a little, too. This is why I am glad we are giving them something they can excel and succeed in other than school.
- Do your kids take part in extracurricular activities?
These are my truths and a couple of questions; I hope you will weigh in on BOTH!