Here are a few ideas for a meatless Monday dinner.
Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 4 medium poblano chiles, halved and seeded (I would use 2 halves per adult depending on size of pepper)
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans (I would use homemade left overs)
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch microwaveable cooked long-grain rice (I would use homemade left over rice)
- 1/2 cup picante sauce/or salsa (I prefer Sadie’s Salsa)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Mexican blend cheese shredded (I would choose a munster or asadero)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Wash and dry chiles. Cut in half lengthwise, and place cut sides up, on a on a baking sheet.
2. Combine beans and rice in a medium bowl, stirring well. Spoon bean mixture evenly into chile halves. Cover with cheese and bake at 350 until heated through and chiles are slightly chard. About 25-30 minutes.
3.Top with picante or salsa and then sprinkle evenly with cilantro, if desired. I would serve with oven roasted corn on the cob and fresh lemon-limeade. 🙂