As a Good Cook Blogger I was provided with these tools to facilitate my review and share my own recipe. All opinions are my own.
A well stocked kitchen drawer will aid you in creating quick, and delicious meals in no time at all like my grandmother’s Chile con Carne with Green Beans. She would make this for us all the time as children. For the adults it was just Chile con Carne, but since we were children she would switch out the green chile and add the green beans. It was one of my favorite meals growing up and with her homemade tortillas it was heaven! Today I am going to share this recipe with you, a few great kitchen tools, and a great contest from Good Cook.
This is a simple, hearty, and easy meal!
This is what you need:
- 1 lb. Browned Hamburger Meat
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 an onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes fresh or canned/boxed
- 1 clove of garlic chopped finely
- 2 green chiles chopped finely (optional) (Mine are extra hot hatch green chiles which is why I am only adding 2)
- 2 cans of green beans
- Salt & Pepper
- Tortillas to serve
- First chop your onions and garlic. Next clip on your utensil pot clip to hold your spatula and preheat the pan. Add 1 tbsp oil into the pot then add the meat and brown about 10 mins.
- Add in the onions and garlic and cook until the onions have softened about 10 mins.
- Add one cup of chopped tomatoes and two chopped green chiles if using.
- Add in the green beans and cook 10 mins on a low simmer to merry all the flavors. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a bowl with tortillas. Enjoy!
Tools I used to make this meal:
Think for a minute about what your ideal kitchen drawer would include? What would it look like? Mine would be organized and only stocked with the necessities! Thank to Good Cook I was able to put there top picks to the test and loved them! Here are Good Cook’s top necessity picks:
- Smart Ice Cream Scoop, Sturdiest one I have ever held. It works amazing! The scoop opens up when you release the handles and the ice falls out effortlessly. No more flinging ice cream across the kitchen! 🙂
- Double Sided Flip Measuring Spoon, Can’t find the right sized measuring spoon? This one has 4 different sizes, all in one spoon! Great for getting the most use out of a tool and simplifying your kitchen drawers.
- Safe Cut Can Opener, Opens cans easily-the only can opener I can use! Is is just me or are handle held can openers really tricky? I love it because ti leaves the cans without razor edges. Also works great at opening pull top cans, bottle caps, and twist bottles! My new favorite can opener.
- Egg Separator, You can clip this onto a bowl or cup and use both hands to focus on the egg cracking. Lets the white fall through and keeps the yolk out.
- Pot Clip Holder, Clips to the side of the pot to hold your spoon. No need for a spoon rest and no mess on the stove top! Love it!
In Good Cook’s Build Your Kitchen Drawer Contest you will get the opportunity to create your dream drawer and WIN IT!
Starting June 2nd and ending June 7th, everyday on Good Cook’s Facebook page you will have the opportunity to enter to win the 5-day Kitchen Tool Giveaway! Each day a new tool will be featured as the product the day and you can enter to win it.
The Kitchen Drawer Sweepstakes will kick off on June 2nd and end July 17th. The Sweepstakes will be located on Good Cook’s website and you will be able to select up to 15 items to add to your own virtual kitchen drawer to submit for the chance to win that drawer! Look for the “Add Me” button on products found on Good Cook’s website then click it to add the item to your drawer.
Five will win their dream drawer! Each day you will be able to submit your virtual drawer and have a chance to win a randomly featured product that day with over 600 prizes up for grabs!