Where I will share my truths as a Mother & Stepmother.
My truths for today & a question!
- Summer is here and we are in full summer chaos! No strict routines, just living la vida loca! The older kiddos are visiting their mom and me and the little ones are visiting my family. On our drive down here as we passed two pretty bad accidents, I was very happy that our 5 yr old was asleep because I had to explain death to her recently and she didn’t take it very well and I most likely did not explain it too well either. She is only 5, and I know it is hard for her to fully grasp the whole idea and I tried to hold off but it was really unavoidable at the time-unless I lied to her which I did not want to do. My first question is when did you explain death to your children and how did you help them cope with it?
- The older kids transition on our end went okay, transitions are always hard, both going and coming. I really need to come up with some ideas to help ease them into them more. It is a lot harder because the relationship and trust between us and their mother is not great, but slowly we will get there. Communication is probably the biggest hurdle for us right now. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
- Planning a family vacation is still so stressful! We are still planning/working on a plan to get us there! It is going to happen-we are making this happen!
- I am so thankful to my sister because I am finally getting to host my FIRST in home POP-UP for my Chloe+Isabel business!! I AM SO EXCITED and will share all about it on Wordless Wednesday!
- What are your plans this summer?
These are my truths and a few questions, I hope you will weigh in on BOTH!
Happy Early Thursday! (For the first time in a long time!) 🙂