As a part of the Good Cook Blogger program I was sent a ProFreshionals Cut Fruit Bowl and it’s huge! A whole 7 quarts of capacity, I knew I’d be filling that baby with a whole bunch of watermelon because the kids and I LOVE watermelon!
This bowl is perfect for watermelon as you can see from the pictures below it has a strainer built in which allows the juice to drain out and keep your fruit fresher longer!
In college I worked in food service part time, and there was a very lovely lady named Karen, who taught me how to cut a watermelon. I was the Salad Bar Girl at NM State as Rey would call me. Below you will find the step by step how to.
After your watermelon is cut place it into your bowl. I leave it in sticks rather than cut further because it’s easier for the kids to grab and well let’s face it-as much as I would love for them to use a fork they never do.
The watermelon can now be used to make a simple, but refreshing watermelon cooler!
Recipe for Watermelon Cooler
- Watermelon chunks (1/4 of a medium watermelon)
- 1 lime
- 1 cup of ice
- Sweetener of choice if you desire (optional)
Tools you will need:
- Juicing tool for lime
- Glass to serve
- Cutting Board
- Add ice and watermelon as much as you can to the blender. No need to worry if it doesn’t all fit you can throw in more later.
- Juice the lime, I started with half of the lime juice and that was enough for us.
- Add a sweetener which is optional. Our watermelon was plenty sweet so no need.
- Blend until well mixed. Add more watermelon now if you need too.
- Strain into a glass and enjoy!
If you are looking for a way to keep your cut fruit fresher for longer, you might want to grab your own ProFreshionals Cut Fruit Bowl exclusively at Bed Bath & Beyond (click here to go straight to the Bowl).
Or you can enter to win one here!
Prizing and information for this giveaway has been provided by Good Cook; however, all opinions here are my own. The winner will be randomly selected via promosimple. The winner will receive an email from me the day after the giveaway ends and will have 48 hours to respond to notification email; Prize will be forfeited and Mom 2 54321 will choose a runner up if no response is received in that time frame.
No purchase necessary to enter. The number of eligible entries receives determines the odds of winning. Duplicate entries will be deleted. Void where prohibited. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of your prize.
Good Cook Giveaway Rules:
- One prize per household for each Good Cook event. For example, if someone wins on 2 or more blogs, they – or their family members – will only receive one prize from that event.
- If a household has won a prize in a previous Good Cook event, they are not eligible win again for 6 months.
- If a household has won more than one prize in a previous Good Cook event (prior to the one-win-in-six-months rule), they aren’t eligible win again for 12 months.
Good Cook Bloggers and Good Cook Kitchen Experts are not eligible to win prizes in Good Cook sponsored events, whether or not they participated in the event or not.
- Good Cook will confirm that winners are eligible and will disqualify anyone who has won more than once.
- Prizes ship from Good Cook and can take 8-10 weeks after the contest ends, unless otherwise stated. You must be 18 or older to win. US shipping addresses only.
- Good Cook reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value if sufficient inventory is not available.