These are my 5 must haves for back to school and more great resources for you.
- The first thing is Mother’s Therapy Organics, I had the wonderful opportunity to try out their organic hand sanitizer and GermFight’n Hand Lotion. Germ fighting is a BIG DEAL when your child heads back to school because they are being introduced to new germs. They are perfect for clipping on their backpacks, clipping onto their sports bags for after practice, and having in the car! Right now they are offering Back to School promotions so head over and stock up! As a special perk for all our fabulous readers they are offering 25% off all orders over $10 just in time for back to school with the code MTO25500. Shop Here.
- The next lifesaver on my list is Cozi.com! Cozi is a free service where you can create a family calendar, shopping list, to do list, and meal plan. I love it because Rey and I have often forgot to tell each other the kids have this or that going on then we are both running late thinking we told the other one-you know the running late mess! Cozi helps prevent those annoying mishaps plus Cozi is an app too! You can update it on the computer or your phone! Best feature it will text or email you reminders! You can also upgrade and get even more features!
- Labels! When the kids head back to school you have to remember to label jackets, back packs, lunch boxes, water bottles, sports gear, and supplies. Right now you can get great labels made for you from Label Daddy. Their labels are super durable peel-and-stick washable labels — they’re washer/dryer safe, microwave safe, dishwasher safe and UV resistant! Label Daddy labels are also fun and attractive. You design your own labels! Pick from tons of colors, sizes and logos, including Disney and Marvel characters, MLB, NBA, and NHL team logos, other sport and fun logos, and more. Right now you can save 20% on your entire Label Daddy order – this is the best discount available anywhere. Use code USFAMILY20 at checkout.
- Having a great homework area set up for the kids will help ensure that they are able to homework successfully. Make sure to have sharpened pencils ready, paper, erasers, and other supplies for cutting and coloring. Make sure the area is quiet and free from distractions. In our house the kids know the tv doesn’t turn on until everyone is done.
- Meal plan! I cannot say it enough-if I don’t have one I will be running around until the last minute! With football, gymnastics, and maybe girl scouts on top of homework, we are going to be busy this year and ensuring I am planning ahead with meals will keep the stress down. Check out me Meal Planning tips and Meatless Monday recipes.
Now here are some great resources I have found on the internet over the past years I would love to share with you all.
NAEYC is the world’s largest organization working on behalf of young children.
Arizona Department of Education
Arizona Department of Education Early Learning Standards
Sites to that are full of activities.
Gayle’s Preschool Rainbow
NAEYC for Families
Making Learning Fun
Confessions of a Homeschooler